Sunday, June 12, 2011

Welcome to Abstracted for Life!

I created this blog to share my favorite abstract artworks that I've seen or I am learning about as I traverse the interwebs. I've been posting an abstract work of art per day (leaving Sunday for my Van Gogh posts) on my Facebook wall for the last several months, saving them in Evernote in some logical fashion. Now it's time to branch out to Blogger.com.

I have a particular love for works from the abstract expressionist school, concentrating on pieces from Jackson Pollock, Willem de Kooning, Arshile Gorky, Hans Hoffman, Jean-Paul Riopelle, Joan Mitchell and others. Every once in a while, I'll post something from Vassily Kandinsky, another favorite, though of the earlier abstract school.

If you happen upon this blog, don't hesitate to comment! I love discussing this art form as much as I enjoy viewing it.

Thanks for reading.

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment